Monday, November 11, 2013

Minecraft: Murphy's Law

Hello there once again!  Due to unfortunate series of events, I will be restarting to a new world.  Sadly I have lost my previous world after trying to incorporate several new mods into my game.  Galacticraft, Millenaire, Buildcraft, Flan's Mods, Zan's Minimap, Lumberjack and Minecraft Comes Alive were working perfectly (except for the mecha that wouldn't budge).  Optifine is a given so that's why I never bothered to mention it til now.  But instead of being content with just those mods, I tried implementing other mods such as Growable Ores, HarvestCraft, BiblioCraft, and NotEnoughItems into the fray.  It was good while trying to test which mods can go with other mods but what I didn't really do before anyone does when experimenting was making a backup of the existing world.  Did I?  Nope.

I managed to make 29 mods work together after changing several codes of lines in the configs (which probably a lesson for me since I like programming)



However, when I tried launching my world, it just hanged and then when I reverted back to my original set of mods, I loaded it up and the game crashes over and over.  I tried to salvage what I could but in the end, I just accepted the fact my world and quest for the moon in that world was over.

So I guess if you're trying out mods, be sure to make a backup.  Don't do it like me.

Maybe in the next few days, I'll try that Pixelmon and hopefully it can be played with other mods like Galacticraft.  I don't really dare on playing MineZ, I just don't like them crawling zombies.  Scares the heck out of me.  Even when I play Resident Evil or anything horror themed, I just say, "No, na-uh." and just never play it again.  Although Resident Evil is tolerable to play, I rarely play it.

So with that update, I guess I'll take my rest and hope for a better minecraft experience.  I do have this gut feeling I'll be trying a Hardcore Vanilla Survival mode someday.  Til then, cheerio!

No comments: