Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Let's Play on Youtube Dilemma

I am really curious on how to approach this type of problem.  I really really want to do it but then I don't know how to do it or is afraid about the outcome of this type of venture called doing a Let's Play series.  I do like playing video games, I like watching Youtube videos, however I am really a quiet guy who enjoys conversing with other people via chat or text messages.  Whenever I speak, I can only do it for a few while because my throat starts to tighten to the extent my neck muscles start becoming stiff.  I don't know if this is a physical or psychological problem but I only talk when I feel the need to talk.

Just like when I was in the call center, work there is very stressful.  Most of the day you talk to clients and solve their problems.  Training was good, I learnt a few new stuff here and there but when it came to the calls, oh boy was I in for some rollercoaster ride.  I remember one time when I was in the middle of a call and it was just 4 hours into work, suddenly I couldn't let a sound out of my mouth.  Literally I was panicking to the extent I had to use a recording that said I had to put them on hold for a few minutes because of some technical difficulties with the line.  My supervisors did warn me about that but when they saw how I was, they sent me directly to the nurse office.  They didn't know what I had so they just prescribed me some anti-stress medicine and a stress ball to borrow.  That didn't help out until they released me early from my shift.  After a few days, I decided to resign due to the fact that I couldn't continue with that line of work and that I would just bring my team stats down.  After a few months, I decided to seek medical help but all the doctors said that it was mostly my vocals are not getting enough exercise.

To be honest, when I was a kid, I was the most quiet person.  I would just sit there, give head gestures of yes/no to people who ask me stuff.  When they ask me an open ended question, I would just answer them with the least amount of words but could satisfy their curiosity.  I think my parents thought I was mute or autistic back then but I tried to live my life as a normal person without drawing much attention.

Now with that said, I do hope I find the courage to make it someday and hopefully this type of venture will be my practice grounds to make me more comfortable when talking.  Yes, I like typing or gesturing more than speaking but the thing is I guess the real world does need a little more out of me so that I could unlock my true potential.

I should probably practice more gaming and researching how to record and put it on youtube first while I'm gathering up my courage to actually do it.  Til then, cheerio!

No comments: